Sunday 8 March 2020

H&CVB END OF SEASON 2019-20 MEET

The Holme and Colne Valley beagles met to end the season near Uppermill on Saturday, 7th March.



As mentioned before the weather has been dire with wind and water since the beginning of October.  Sadly the Rockwood have lost many days due to this, the ground being too saturated for horses and so had to finish the season early.




Following the H&CVB, by me, has been spasmodic and pretty ineffectual as I either didn't go to trail around on high moors in wind and rain or when I have gone they have left me standing.  Saturday was an example of the latter.  I set off before the hounds to wait ahead to take a photo or two as they came towards me, only to find they didn't go the usual way and completely bypassed me.  I never recovered from that and never saw them again apart from specs along a high escarpment in the far distance.  Give that is was dull and a strong wind I left them to it and hope the specs didn't get blown away.


So to the Meet -


H&CVB

H&CVB

H&CVB

H&CVB

H&CVB

Copyright David Swanbury

H&CVB

H&CVB

H&CVB

H&CVB
 Water hole - a stream below the local architecture.

End of 2019-20 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment