Friday 27 December 2013

BOXING DAY UPDATE



The Huddersfield Daily Examiner issue of the 27th December reported very fairly on the Boxing Day meet and did the event justice with almost a full page.

Thank you Examiner for showing such an interest.

My only regret is that the pack moved away from The Fleece in entirely the opposite direction from what I had expected, so I waited in vain in the wrong place and missed it.

All I got was this.


                      Here is a scan of the full section.


I cut the text off and posted it separately in case it is easier to read.

The answer to the ‘hint’ I wrote against a photo on the previous post can be found here.




There is a word in the text - 'pound' - and I think this should be read as 'pack', if not I have learn't something new.

Having just done the above I found these two links

Historic Meet - to be

And the cheeky monkeys posted my full uncut picture that they lifted from this Blog in that as well!

Boxing Day Meet report 

This has some good images in it taken by their professional photographer.