Sunday 3 August 2014

STAVELEY SHOW




STAVELEY SHOW - 27 July 2014, was held on a warm sunny, mostly, Lakeland day.  It almost took a bit of finding as it was only a small local show in a sloping field with no directions posted.  Despite parking-up to consult a map, wondering if I had got the right Staveley, it was only when the Ullswater Foxhound’s trailer turned into a narrow gateway to a field on the other side of the road that I realized I had found it.

The show brought back memories of past times of staying in Kentmere and wassailing in the Eagle and Child in Staveley with the Holme Valley Beagles, so I was delighted to be able to renew one or two acquaintances from those past times.  Maybe I will dig out the old slides and post some if they are good enough.  However the Staveley Show was for the fell foxhounds, beagles, lurchers and terriers.

In no particular order, some photos of the day.


I am told that this type is a 'bull lurcher'


Lurcher men comparing notes


 In the foxhound ring


 Beagles getting ready


Terriers being judged


Beagles in the ring






 Rest and recuperation.  If he really doesn't want that head of hair then I'll have it!


Foxhound antics


 Terrier antics



 Tension in the terrier ring


 Prizes


 More terrier antics


 Lurcher judging
 

 Beagles attentive


 Apprentice beagle judge I think





 Foxhounds waiting for the end-of-show conviviality to finish so they can go home



No comments:

Post a Comment