Saturday 5 April 2014

FLYING SCOTSMAN VINTAGE RELIABILITY TRIAL 2014



(Be a bit patient please as there are a lot of pictures to download)

On Friday, following dreary days of fog after other miserable inclement stuff, I decided it was a decent enough day for a bit of a run on the bike.  At least it was fine and not too cold.  After tootling around the local area I decided to have a bit of a blow back over the A628 from the Flouch, over the Langsett Moors, past the Dog and Partridge. 
 

I was about to pass this excellent pub when I saw there was a lot of activity in the big car park so turned in to investigate.  It made my day!

The Dog and Partridge was a staging point on the Flying Scotsman Vintage Reliability Run.   

Never have I seen so many vintage Bentleys at one time.  As this post is images of some of what I saw I will let them speak for themselves.  If you get as far as the end I will put a link to the official site where you can read all about it.  At the time of writing the event is still in progress.








No I am not a cyclist - my bike is just showing through the windscreen.