Sunday 11 August 2013

LOWTHER SHOW 2013



Yesterday, 10 August, I went to Lowther Show which has resurrected itself.  A three day event it said, but only two seemed to be public, but I just went for one day.  The BBC confidently predicted on the internet the night before that the Saturday would be dry in Penrith.  Maybe it was there!  It rather slipped up as far as Lowther was concerned but it cleared up and was a good day for all that.

As far as hounds were concerned it was the day of Hill Hounds and Fell Hounds and the College Valley Hunt took the Supreme Championship although I heard a couple of fell hound stalwarts sounding more than a bit miffed by this decision.  It was also the day of the terriers and lurchers.

The photos are not so much about hounds as what I saw on my walk around and the photos are in the order I came across them as I back tracked a few times. The CVB are not featured at all as there were no beagles apart from a couple of beagles packs on display,

The carriage driving is always a serious point of interest. If Lowther ever get around to having their caravan park down by the river again maybe I will go for three days as I used to as it was well worth it.  The CVB were not going to Lowther for the beagle events on Sunday despite having collected a few rosettes at the Great Yorkshire Show.














Watching gundog competition
Harris Hawk being weighed


What is it?