Monday 23 September 2013

ROYAL ARMOURIES MUSEUM - LEEDS



We moored alongside the magnificent building of The Royal Armouries.  The entry is free and I was told that they now make more money since they dropped and admission charge  than they did before.  There are a couple a coffee shops, one a bit like a cafe but isn't really although the coffee is OK and there is a large gift shop.  It is well stocked with decent stuff and one can buy one's own set of armour if need be.

There are some cracking displays.  On the other hand I don't know if they were saving power when I went but in some of the surrounding showcases the lighting was so subdued I could hardly see the detail on some exhibits and frankly lost interest in trying.  There were little lamps around inside the cases but I found some depressingly gloomy.  But overall I would recommend it to anyone.  I know there are also dramatic reenactments performed at times but none were happening when I was there this time.  







It is a pity the backdrop was not just the wall and an open edge to a widow but you can't have everything.  It is good that they allow photographs so I guess there will be loads on the net anyway.



And finally, a big proud lad here!


Depending on the order one is looking at these posts, and I suppose I should have put them on in reverse order, the next ones will be Leeds itself.