Thursday 26 December 2013

BOXING DAY AT THE FLEECE



The Holme Valley Beagles used to meet every Boxing Day at The Fleece at Holme, but haven't for some time now.  So this event was revived this year and they and the Colne Valley Beagles converged on The Fleece to renew old friendships, maybe make new ones and have a convivial meeting.  With their usual warm hospitality some wonderful mince pies and glasses of port were provided by The Fleece.

Parking was at a premium in Holme as it is not designed for such an influx of support.  It is long time since I saw such a crowd there and the pleasant part about it was the number of young children who had come to see the hounds and clearly enjoyed themselves.  

Now I have the facility to post pictures on here I find it hard to cut them down to just a few and this lot is no exception, but it is really meant for the CVB and HVB today which is my excuse for posting so many. 

Walking to the meet, the sky was clear and blue and there was frost on the ground. 

Smoke signals


And at the back of the pub frost on the roof.

  
Port and mince pies for everyone.


 Just some of the crowd




The young ones these days just can't be separated from their phones.

                  
 Now checking for text messages I suppose.










 The Huddersfield Examiner interviewing - which reminds me -




They printed this in the 24th December edition - and downloaded my photograph which is clearly marked with a big 'Cfor Copyright, except it has been cropped.   They didn't even give me credit for it.  (See the post about Wills O' Nats)


Note the difference - and the similarity.  They owe the CVB £20 for this inclusion and an invoice will follow shortly.   
 


I don't mind people printing pictures for themselves, which is why I put them on here in the first place and also put the copyright symbol out of the way; otherwise I could splash it across the centre like the professionals do and spoil the image.  But I do object to them being used for commercial gain as the Huddersfield Examiner has done.

 Not someone to tackle lightly - that is a hint



                            Stick Maker's Guild meeting




Another one destined for a dose of the flu!








 




Who is coming up behind on the left - look like monks?







Lots of little children about having fun.




                                 Very attentive beagles







Many thanks to the farmer for letting us use his field to show off the hounds as there was clearly no room to do it in the village




This pretty lady is who was passing in a vehicle, but I like taking photographs of windows with the reflections from outside.  As you see it was by The Fleece.


 This photograph I really do like.  It sums up the day for me.



 After a sunny lovely day the storms are back now.